Recipe - Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
I have to give credit to Deborah from Taste and Tell food blog for this amazing and simple recipe. Where other crockpot versions of the BBQ Chopped Beef sandwich falls short this one shines. I really believe it is because the beef is slow cooked in the sauce. It is simple, delicious, and I didn't have to spend a whole day tending a smoker.
It is starting to feel like fall here in Texas! This means cooler weather, football, and barbeque! Nothing goes together quite like that combination. Cool weather, bonfires, football jerseys, homecoming mums, and barbecue chopped beef sandwiches are all fall staples here in the Lone Star State! If there is anything we take seriously it is football and good barbecue. But good barbeque is hard to make when you are planning on attending the big game on Friday night so Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches to the rescue. This is the best recipe that I have found to have delicious chopped beef sandwiches ready in time for the big game. Beef roast is cooked in a tangy BBQ sauce and is transformed into tender, flavorful chopped beef. It's like slow cooker magic! Here is a link to the original recipe ... https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/ting-town-barbeque-beef-sandwiches/
- Beef Roast - 3-5 lbs.
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1/2 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8-12 hamburger buns
- Place roast in large slow cooker. Add celery, onion, and garlic over top of the roast.
- Combine ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, cider vinegar, Worchestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and pour over top of roast and veggies in slow cooker.
- Place cover on slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours and then turn to low and continue to cook for an additional 4 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker to cutting board and shred or chop meat.
- Pour liquid from slow cooker into a medium skillet and simmer uncovered for 10 to 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Combine sauce and beef back in the slow cooker to keep warm while serving.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Nutritional information can be found on original blog post
Original Blog Post from Taste & Tell: https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/ting-town-barbeque-beef-sandwiches/